Wednesday 6 April 2011

Copenhagen

On Monday I got back from the very inspiring Copenhagen for my lovely Mr Coote's 30th birthday. Both being massive fans of Scandinavian design we were really excited about going, and we weren't disappointed. We stayed in an amazing hotel called Hotel Fox, which is a 'creative lifestyle' hotel, where about 60 artists/designers/illustrators were given free reign to design the rooms, walls, ceilings, carpets....
This was the breakfast room:

And our fabulously kitsch 'Two Swans' Room, it was so cute! If a little scary at times to wake up to these creatures:


And how could anyone not love a hotel which had this carpet!

I loved this sticker in the lift :-)

These little birdies stole my heart...

A gorgeous book window display.

I just loved the bright coloured circles on the grey on this ice cream shop.

It was really such a beautiful and inspiring place and I would definitely recommend it to everyone :-)


9 comments:

  1. I've got to Go !!! looks Amazing !!!! Thanks for photo's glad you had a great time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! such a great inspiring post! i love the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that swan wallpaper is MENTAL! the whole place looks colourific- really like the rainbow of houses along the street. Looks like it was
    a great treat for you both! Looking forward to see how it influences/inspires your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing place. I love it. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks so cool, another place added to my list.. amazing hotel and Copenhagen looks to be filled with little patterns which we love;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Copenhagen it looks so lovely. The hotel you stayed in is so fab and kitsch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was SO Kitsch, and pattern central!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your adventure in Copenhagen, the photos show an unspiring place to visit. So different ......xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK...Copenhagen is next on my list! Glad you had a great time. Love the different coloured houses...x

    ReplyDelete