Sunday 23 January 2011

Tea for two

Yesterday Ian took me to Harrods for afternoon tea as a birthday treat which was just lovely, all silver teapots, tiny sandwiches and endless cups of tea and pretty cakes!


We also went the London Art Fair in Islington which was really good, was lovely to wander round gazing at all the art I wish we could own. Sadly it was all generally out of our price range (but well worth the price) but it was great to look around and take it all in.


One artist I really enjoyed looking at was that of Simon Laurie, I got one of his postcards which I'm going to pin to my notice board:




7 comments:

  1. cute pictures georgia - those cakes look lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos ... and that cake stand looks ace! Sounds like you had a very cultural day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely interesting post - A most Perfect Day !!! i like the art you have been inspired by too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh fancy haha. That place looks so nice im hungry now from lookin at those lovely cakes. Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were so tasty! It was proper fancy, was worried they wouldn't let us in!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great birthday in London yesterday. Oh! how lovely it is to do something so special. What a lovely memory to have!! I just love going to London my special memory was when i took my 88year old dad on the london Eye. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! That sounds nice, I went on the London Eye a few years ago, really enjoyed it, would love to go again - think it would be nice to go in the rain!x

    ReplyDelete