Tuesday 7 February 2012

Make & Mend Book

Last week I received this wonderful book called 'Make & Mend' written, designed and illustrated by Rebecca Peacock and Sam Tickner of Firecatcher. I've been a big fan of their illustrations for a while, and was lovely to see some of the work in print. The book is packed full of lovely projects, and lots of different techniques and useful tips. I love the way it's written and the quirky illustrations throughout - and I absolutely love the front cover (I knew I'd love it on seeing this!)

This is one of my favourite projects - how to make a spool holder.

My 'Luciene' fabric features in the book showing how to make a tote bag - I'm extremely pleased to be in such a lovely book!

I really like the way the book has unusual projects alongside basic and classic techniques like creating a patchwork - love the illustrated patchwork on the opposite page also.

To buy this wonderful book please click here. There's also a blog dedicated to the book where you can see more pictures, upload your makes and generally connect with the lovely crafting community http://makeandmendbook.blogspot.com/ (Psssst, there's a fabulous free desktop wallpaper on it at the moment!)

4 comments: